Meeting Monthly Online
Monday, January 31st | 12pm – 12:50pm
Monday, February 28th | 12pm – 12:50pm
Monday, March 28th | 12pm – 12:50pm
Monday, April 25th | 12pm – 12:50pm
This FREE and CONFIDENTIAL group is exclusively for first generation students at Western New England University School of Law.
Please join peers for a new support group exclusively for law students at Western New England University School of Law who are the first generation in their families to attend law school.
- This is a support and discussion group, and not a therapy group.
- The intention of this support group is to build community and peer support.
- It is completely confidential and attendance will not impact any potential character and fitness standards for the Bar or other future employment.
- Participation will require both video and audio. If doing it from a smartphone, the phone needs to be positioned in a stable way.
- It is not a group for talking about specific coursework or assignments. It is for discussing thoughts, feelings, coping, adapting.
Meet the Group Leaders
Dr. Tracey Meyers, Psy.D.
Staff Clinician, LCL MA
Dr. Tracey Meyers, Psy.D. joined LCL in August 2020. As a clinical psychologist, she meets with clients regularly, leads groups, writes articles, and makes presentations to the legal community. Read more about Tracey here.
Tracey can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling (617) 482-9600.
Professor Beth Cohen
Western New England University
School of Law
Professor Beth Cohen serves as Director of the Legal Research and Writing Program and teaches Lawyering Skills and the Externship Seminar at WNEU School of Law. She has also taught Professional Responsibility and currently serves on the Supreme Judicial Court Standing Advisory Committee on Professionalism. She previously served as a long-time board member of Scribes, the American Society of Legal Writers. Professor Cohen served as the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs from 2009-2020. Read more about Prof. Cohen here.
Professor Cohen can be reached by email at email@example.com or by calling (413) 782-1622.