We invite law students feeling overwhelmed as they prepare to take the bar exam in July 2021 to participate in our free & confidential 4-session support group.
Join peers in this new Free & Confidential space designed specifically for 3L law students in law schools throughout Massachusetts who are preparing for the bar exam in July and may be facing anxiety, doubts, or feeling overwhelmed. Peer support groups can provide a helpful and compassionate space to explore challenges and develop new and fresh approaches to beginning bar preparation. This group will be offered beginning in May of 2021 for 4 sessions with an option for an additional 2 sessions in July.
During the group meetings led by LCL MA staff clinicians Barbara Bowe, LICSW and Tracey Meyers, Psy.D., participants will explore a variety of topics including:
- Reducing test anxiety,
- Using time wisely,
- Building coping strategies using mindfulness and visualizations for test day, and
- Enhancing positive-self-talk to achieve success.
The group will meet from 3pm – 4pm via Zoom on the following Mondays. Two optional sessions will be offered in July, dates to be determined.
- This is a support and discussion group, and not a therapy group.
- The intention of this support group is to build community and peer support.
- It is completely confidential and attendance will not impact any potential character and fitness standards for the Bar or other future employment.
- Participation will require both video and audio. If doing it from a smartphone, the phone needs to be positioned in a stable way.
- It is not a group for talking about specific coursework or assignments. It is for discussing thoughts, feelings, coping, adapting.
Guide to Filing a Petition for Admission by Examination in Massachusetts (Deadline May 14, 2021)
Free & Confidential Consultations:
Lawyers, law students, and judges in Massachusetts can discuss concerns with a licensed therapist, law practice advisor, or both. Find more on scheduling here.