Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers, Inc.
Job Posting for Senior Law Practice Management Advisor
TITLE: Senior Law Practice Management Advisor (Full-Time; 40 hours per week – Boston)
ORGANIZATION: Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers, Inc. (LCL) is a lawyer assistance program that operates various programs including the Law Office Management Assistance Program (Mass LOMAP). LCL’s mission is to promote well-being and resilience in the legal community, improve lives, nurture competence, and elevate the standing of the legal profession. To fulfill this mission, LCL provides free and confidential mental health resources, addiction recovery support, well-being, and practice management services to lawyers, judges, law students and other legal professionals in Massachusetts.
LCL seeks a senior practice management advisor in Greater Boston. Remote work may be possible. This position is responsible for providing consultations, practical advice, mentorship, information, education and resources on law office and practice to lawyers, law students and other legal professionals; creating resource materials for publication on the program’s website; and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be a senior level professional, have interest and experience working collaboratively with diverse teams, be well organized, and have excellent oral and very good written communication skills. The candidate must be able to engage and persuade a range of constituents, as well as possess good judgment, discernment, and integrity.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA required with extensive experience in law office management, a law related field, technology, or management; or
- D. from an ABA accredited law school and membership in good standing of a state bar. Significant experience in the practice of law. Experience in law office management, risk management, trust and operating account administration highly desirable. Knowledge and facility with the Massachusetts Rules of Professional Conduct, and facility with relevant technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Responds to inquiries calling for legal expertise, law practice and trust account management. Provides advice including advice related to the Rules of Professional Conduct to lawyers, legal, paralegal, and administrative staff, judges, and other members of the legal community.
- Conducts consultations using various mediums and technologies, and in person on practice management, technology, and trust accounting, as well as assisting clients with policies and procedures, networking, business development and marketing strategies.
- Develops, plans, and teaches continuing legal education programs and prepares written materials.
- Maintains current knowledge of and familiarity with legal technology including but not limited to practice management software, time and billing software, financial accounting software, cybersecurity and data privacy, the cloud, encryption, online legal research tools including Fastcase, and law office productivity software products
- Maintains current knowledge of and familiarity with ethics opinions and Rules of Professional Conduct
- Assists with Board of Bar Overseers’ diversions and related practice audits
- Sustains positive relations with the community of lawyers in recovery use disorders and other LCL stakeholders.
- Assesses clients’ need for additional services including addiction recovery, mental health, and well-being, develop strategy with appropriate stakeholders, and make referrals as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to listen to or review a situation and from that understand the problem, ask additional questions to better define the scope and needs to resolve the problem, and be able to offer relevant advice about technology, management, financial, and marketing/business development solutions.
- Deep interest in and understanding of business technology, preferably legal technology solutions for law practice management.
- Excellent discernment.
- Excellent judgment.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Public speaking skills.
- Excellent research and very good writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Flexibility in schedule to meet business needs.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently as well as work effectively with teams.
- Model behaviors expected of all LCL employees by:
- Cultivating a positive work environment
- Prioritizing and setting manageable goals
- Being efficient with time at work
- Communicating effectively with management, staff, members, clients, visitors, and the public
- Being flexible and taking criticism constructively
- Ability to develop new programs and presentations based on needs in the community of those LCL serves.
- Facility with Microsoft Windows, Office 365, Teams, Salesforce or similar programs for word processing, data expression, workflow collaboration, communication, document management, and media content production.
HELPFUL ADDITIONAL CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience working with individuals in addiction recovery and experiencing challenges to mental health.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
Must have the ability to: sit in one place for an extended period; communicate effectively using the telephone, TDD, scanner, and computer; and lift up to 35 pounds. The advisor must have the ability to travel to attend meetings in and out of state.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and excellent benefits. LCL is a great place to work – we appreciate the importance of our staff members’ well-being.
We aim to be an equitable and inclusive workplace with a diverse mix of talented professionals who are excited to join the LCL team and do their best work to serve the legal profession. We rely on the passion, creativity. and emotional well-being of our staff to provide the best possible support to the legal profession. LCL actively seeks applicants from various backgrounds, cultures, and ethnic identities. IF THIS OPPORTUNITY SEEMS EXCITING BUT YOU DON’T HAVE 100% OF THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE LISTED, please don’t let that stop you from applying. If it feels like a good fit, because you are a life-long learner, please send us an application. LCL is an equal opportunity employer.
We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
Please send your cover letter and resume directed to the attention by November 29, 2021: Stacey A. L. Best, Executive Director. Please click below to submit your documents.
We aren’t currently hiring for any clinical positions.