May 17, 2021 3:00 pm
Please join peers for a new Free & Confidential support group for law students preparing for the July bar exam, facilitated by Barbara Bowe, LICSW & Tracey Meyers, Psy.D, staff clinicians at Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers, Massachusetts (LCL MA).
Our Support Group Meetings are designed specifically for 3L law students in law schools throughout Massachusetts who are preparing for the bar exam in July and may be facing anxiety, doubts, or feeling overwhelmed. Peer support groups can provide a helpful and compassionate space to explore challenges and develop new and fresh approaches to beginning bar preparation. This group will be offered beginning in May of 2021 for 4 sessions with an option for an additional 2 sessions in July.
During the group meetings, we will explore a variety of topics including:
- Reducing test anxiety,
- Using time wisely,
- Building coping strategies using mindfulness and visualizations for test day, and
- Enhancing positive-self-talk to achieve success.
- This is a support and discussion group, and not a therapy group.
- The intention of this support group is to build community and peer support.
- It is completely confidential and attendance will not impact any potential character and fitness standards for the Bar or other future employment.
- Participation will require both video and audio. If doing it from a smartphone, the phone needs to be positioned in a stable way.
- It is not a group for talking about specific coursework or assignments. It is for discussing thoughts, feelings, coping, adapting.
Monday, May 17th | 3p – 4p
Monday, May 24th | 3p – 4p
Monday, June 14th | 3p – 4p
Monday June 28th | 3p – 4p
This FREE and CONFIDENTIAL group is exclusively for those preparing for the Massachusetts bar exam.