September 22, 2021 2:00 pm
Hosted by the ABA Women Rainmakers
Earlier this summer an ABA Journal article caused an uproar when its author suggested that once women lawyers become mothers, they fail to pay attention to their career trajectories and lose focus on professional success. Our panel will discuss the institutional challenges, societal expectations and unconscious biases faced by lawyer moms, as well as the steps that can be taken to succeed as both a lawyer and a mom.
• Understanding and dismantling the motherhood penalty
• Succeeding as a lawyer mom
• Changing societal expectations on women as caregivers
• Saying no to “mommy guilt”
• Preparing to be a lawyer mom