Mentally Ill & Homeless

homeless mentally ill lawyer needss help finding housing. can you help?

Our major contribution for people with mental illness would be to try to ascertain that they have an adequate treatment plan in place. If not, we would explore resources and make the best referral we can.

With regard to housing, this is not our specialty, but we would seek to identify agencies that do focus on this area, and attempt to make a referral. We do not provide funds for housing.

Speaking of funding, these kinds of agencies are often under-funded, and it can take quite a while to access their services. But some of them in our resource file are:

• Project Place, Boston, 617-262-3740
• HomeStart, Inc., Boston, 617-542-1454
• Middlesex Human Services, Waltham 781-894-6110
• Family Services of Central Massachusetts, Worcester, 508-756-4646
• Merrimack Valley Catholic Charities, Lowell, 978-452-1421
• Advocates Community Counseling, Framingham, 508-628-6642
• Mental Health Association, Inc., Springfield, 413-734-5376

preload preload preload